Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Discouragment Already?

SO, I feel like it is way too early to be hitting a wall. But I have hit little hurdle nonetheless. Our first weigh in was a success. Michael lost 11 pounds in about a week and a half. I lost 3.2 pounds the first week. Then this week I had a tough time. I drank 3 nights in a row and binged on jack in the box. Not good. On the plus side I did not stop exercising. Tomorrow is a weigh in day and I think I may have stayed the same or even put weight back on. I have a huge problem with overeating. I have to retrain myself how to eat slower and stop when I am full.

I made myself a motivation board. I will try and upload a photo of it in my next post. I put some inspirational quotes, a photo of Michael and I, some exercise ideas and a weight loss tracker. I also have a few quotes around the house, on my fridge, and my bathroom mirror.

Four days ago I started a crunches challenge. I started at 30 and I will be working up to 100 crunches. I did two days of 30 and two days of 35. Every two days I am increasing the amount by 5. I am now walking 3 miles in one hour, when I first started I was walking about a mile and a half. This morning I woke up at 7am and went to the high school track. I am working towards being able to run for long periods of time. Today was rough, as expected. I walked for an hour and ran for about 15 minutes. I don't think I have ran that much since I played softball in high school. I expected my throat and lungs to be sore from breathing really hard but they really didn't ever start to ache. My feet and ankles hurt pretty bad, and that kept me from running longer. Also, kids were starting to show up at school and I was pretty embarrassed about people possibly watching. I have also been doing Wii Boxing and Just Dance. They aren't much, but they are WAY more than what I have been doing up to date.

We are starting to look into a family gym membership with my parents. Hopefully, we can figure something out with our already tight budget and join. I really want this to stick this time around. I need to get healthy and happy. Hopefully, fingers crossed, there are some new and exciting experiences around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment