Sunday, January 29, 2012
Gotta Have Faith
So after our first week of changes, I am feeling pretty good. It's harder for me to believe that anything is happening. I find myself constantly running to the scale and only seeing slight changes. This is my last week of weighing myself every day. I just need to have more faith in myself and the changes we are implementing. I think that so far we have a solid routine and it will only be refined over time. Tuesdays are going to be our weigh in's. We will be posting a new blog for sure once a week on Tuesdays after we weight our selves. But if we have anything blog worthy in the meantime I will make sure to jump on and write a new post.
I think it is important to set goals. I really want to try and get to the point where I can run without doubling over and dying. I think that a reasonable goal would be to be able to run a straight mile without stopping by the end of March. I also want to work on being able to make a full week meal plan. I feel like if I have my day planned out, from start to finish, I wont stray from it with unnecessary eating. I would like to get into a more set sleeping routine. If I can achieve a sleeping schedule, a morning walk may be a possibility. I just have to start going to bed early and find the motivation to work out before I leave for work.
I have been walking everyday this week. Everyday after I walk I feel more energetic and less tired than usual. Today I walked 5.77 miles at a brisk pace. I wish Biggs was bigger so I had more route options. I'm just going to have to start getting creative. I would love to join a gym but unfortunately that is just not in the budget at this time. So instead, I am going to use one of the Target gift cards from the wedding and buy an affordable set of dumbbell's to use at home. I want to lose weight but I also want to get toned and strong.
Food. One of my biggest vice's. We made a trip to Sam's club and they had a fairly decent selection of well priced produce. We bought two huge bags of Romaine and a big container of fresh spinach. I think they were each about 3 dollars. We stocked up on boneless skinless chicken breasts and pork chops. When we got home I separated them, two to a bag, and froze them. Prepackaging and freezing everything this way makes it very easy to plan for dinner and to not overeat. We have gone salad crazy! I like to add "stuff" to mine for variety. I love mushrooms, carrots, celery, nuts, and proteins in my salads. Where as Michael's are very simple. He likes lettuce, dressing, and protein. I think he is warming up to spinach though. I want to try incorporating more healthy carbohydrates (couscous, quinoa, wild rice, whole grain pasta) into our diet. So far nothing has seemed very "meal"ish. It has all been just a bunch of rag-tag salads. I need to look into some healthy meals.
Goodnight. ~Torrey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment